Bachelor Degree in Nursing or Associate degree in Nursing from Canada or USA with minimum two (2) years course duration and Successful completion of the National exam: USA: NCLEX – RN Canada: Licensing Exam, or; Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery of minimum three and half (3 ½) years course duration, or;
Diploma in Nursing of minimum three (3) years course duration
- Not less than 2 years clinical experience post qualification or;
- Not less than 2 year clinical experience in the assigned area of practice
(Note; Experience requirement waived for graduates of UAE nursing
colleges/universities after completion of internship)
- Valid current HAAD license
- Valid current license from the country of origin
- Valid Basic Life Support Certificate Accredited by American Heart Association
Other Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Knowledge of current and established professional concepts, principles and practices.
- Expertise in clinical area of practice and skills required to provide care.
- Knowledge and understanding of the diverse cultural customs and religious beliefs of the population being cared for.
- Knowledge of all the Infection Control practices of the United Arab Emirates.
- Ability to use critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to organize patient care demands and to set priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all members of the healthcare team including patients and families.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated and ongoing commitment to professional development.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Knowledge of exam, diagnostic and treatment procedures at home care setting.
- Knowledge of medications commonly used and their effect on patients
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Skilled in taking vital signs.
- Skilled in maintaining records and writing reports.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the workers.
- Skilled in using basic computer functions.